What a wonderful start to the year for me and I haven’t even kicked off the blogging new year yet. I’ve been nominated for a blogging award! It’s the Liebster Award, which is a fantastic way to discover and recommend new blogs. Thank you very much to Secrets of a Trailing Spouse for nominating me for this award. The trailing spouse blogs about her expat adventures in Borneo as a lady of leisure/full-time mother and you can read more here.
The rules of the Liebster Award are:
- Acknowledge and link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post about the Liebster Award.
So here are the questions and my answers:
- Why did you start blogging?
Having never really excelled (alright I failed) at English, I discovered a passion to write and starting a blog seemed the logical way to do it.
- Where in the world would you most like to live?
Right here in South Australia. Having taken the plunge and moved across the world from the UK, I am very happy with my life here.
- What is the best travel advice anyone has ever given you or what piece of travel advice would you like to share?
I can’t think of any specific travel advice that has stuck with me but as a food lover, exploring the local restaurants, bars and street food is an absolute must and always do your research before travelling – no excuse with the internet now!
- If you were stranded in an airport for a day, what book would you most like to have with you?
As it would be a great opportunity for a reread it would be Barbara Erskine, Lady of Hay. Part fiction and part historical fact and I could immerse myself in all 760 pages. The first time I read it, I couldn’t put it down.
- What is your worst holiday experience?
Most definitely losing my two year old daughter while on holiday in Spain. I let go of her hand to take my purse out of my bag, got distracted at the market stall and the next minute she was gone. We were in total panic for a few minutes and then someone we had befriended recognised her wandering about and she shortly reunited us but it was the most frightening experience of my life.
- Can you speak a second language?
Un petit peu of ‘holiday French’ and enough to order ‘two beers please’ in Spanish.
- What is the best thing about the place where you currently live?
The people! They have an optimistic outlook on life and a great sense of humour. This is closely followed by the fresh produce; we are very, very lucky to live in an area of Australia abundant in fresh produce both in the sea and on the land and I particularly like what’s grown on the vines!
- Describe your ideal day in no more than ten words.
Enjoying good food & wine with family & friends. (How did I do?)
- What inspires you?
Reading good blogs inspires me.
- Do you have a pet hate?
The current trend of using lower case for proper nouns in marketing material – that really grinds my gears!
Eleven facts about me:
- I’m a Cancerian, born 27th June.
- I’m married to an amazing chef whose passion to cook stems back to when he was a little boy – he doesn’t wear his chef whites anymore but at least he still cooks at home.
- I’ve been personally introduced to HRH Queen Elizabeth II at a Buckingham Palace garden party.
- I gave birth to my daughter in 35 minutes flat unaided by anyone from the medical profession or anyone else for that matter.
- I used to love running and completed a 12k run in 2006 and now I can’t run anymore because I have a back problem.
- I’ve never jumped out of a plane with a parachute on my back and don’t intend to.
- I am currently undertaking the I Quit Sugar 8 week programme with my daughter.
- I manage volunteers and it is one of the most rewarding jobs I’ve ever had.
- I used to be a mad Abba fan
- I have a soft spot for the Australian Wombat
- I have been to the top of the Empire State Building, the Eiffel Tower, the Sky Tower in Auckland, the Sydney Tower, the Kuala Lumpur Tower and the Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai.
Questions for my nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s the best book you have ever read (I’m always after recommendations)
- What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
- What was your most memorable meal and where was it?
- What makes you happy?
- Have YOU ever jumped out of a plane with a parachute on your back?
- If you could/can afford to indulge in a daily luxury, what would it be?
- If you could take any famous person out to dinner, who would it be and where would you go?
- What has been your proudest moment?
- Do you have a pet hate? (sorry to repeat but I like this one)
- Post the link to your favourite blog
Finally if any of my nominees have already participated or choose not to then that’s fine, I will still list you here as I really enjoy your blogs.
4 replies on “The Liebster Award – An Introduction To New Blogs”
Thanks for the book recommendation,and I agree wholeheartedly about researching food options for a holiday – eating is one of my favourite things about travelling!
And thank you Liz for the nomination, a great start to the year! 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi Luce, thanks for this list. I am now following Truly Madly Italy! Yes I am obsessed with Bell’Italia…
Excellent – happy to be of service and link liked minded bloggers up!
LikeLiked by 1 person